× Members

PIP I have some news.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264482 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic PIP I have some news.
Hi Gary,

Yes, Power To The People, John Lennon 1971 - if my memory 8sn't playing tricks on me.

It is a great forum, it gives people a helping hand and the confidence to overcome what is sometimes such an unfair system.

I hope Lynno gets her letter this week, that it's positive and the week is rounded off perfectly.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lynno1981

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264487 by Lynno1981
Replied by Lynno1981 on topic PIP I have some news.

Hi phrank

Power to the people as citizen Smith used to shout, I believe John Lennon also wrote a song called power to the people.

As you say phrank sharing knowledge from those who have gone through it is so powerful, which is why we try to encourage forum members to share their story, the good and the sad, if we can have a laugh along the way so much the better.

We are there to help members and members to support members no matter who they are or what their disabilities are. We are non-judgemental.

Sorry Lynno, phrank beat you fair and square. B)

Gary

Hi Gary - Yes Phrank certainly did but he deserves the win!

We did as Phrank predicted ring yesterday afternoon, but all they said was "still with the decision maker and could be another 3-4 weeks! "
It took my husband longer to answer the security questions :S
Anyway I'll let everyone know when we hear any news. At least I can stop looking for the postie for the rest of this week. :dry:

Lynn

More
2 years 6 months ago #264494 by phrank
Hi Lynno,

I'm so sorry you have not had your decision as yet. I felt sure that you would have had a positive response when you rang. You must be in a different area to me that's all I can say.

I think you said that your husband is 66? if so any future award will definitely be ongoing with a light touch review after ten years.

The reason I am saying this: I have had an email from my MP who complained to the DWP on my behalf re the review date.

this is an extract from the attached letter from the DWP: "Following the ministerial announcement on the 5th of March 2019 which prevents state pension age claimants from participating in unnecessary Award Reviews. Unless the department is made aware of a change in their needs, when a full review will take place."

It goes on: Where a SPa claimant is entitled to PIP, they will instead receive PIP on an ongoing basis, with a light touch review after ten years."

I've typed this out but it is word for word.

When I sent my letter complaining about the 18 month award I did quote the 6th of March 2019 announcement so it is in fact right.

I am sure your husband will get the same award as me: you can't really argue with plain and simple facts.

I hope you read this Lynno as it is in my thread or I wonder if it were at all possible for a mod to move it to your thread where you are more likely to notice it or even double it up, so to speak.

I am really routing for you!

Kind regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lynno1981, Gary

More
2 years 6 months ago #264502 by Lynno1981
Replied by Lynno1981 on topic PIP I have some news.
Hi Phrank

Thank you for the information about awards being light touch - his current award was ongoing but with the deterioration in his health we submitted change of circumstances. Yes he turned 66 in May so hopefully it will be ongoing this time too. It's out of our control so just have to be patient for a little while longer.
Best wishes
Lynno

Lynn

More
2 years 6 months ago #264510 by phrank
Hi Lynno,

Think nothing of it. I just didn't want you to miss out, but, obviously I got a bit mixed up.

I was wrongly under the impression that we were mostly in the same place. As you are not contesting the award length, but the report in general, that would explain why it is taking a bit longer.

I wish you the very best luck again and look forward to your hopefully really positive outcome in the near future!

Kind regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lynno1981, Gary

More
2 years 6 months ago #264562 by phrank
Hi all,

Just to let you know that my award letter has arrived today. It was sent out on 1/10/21 and arrived one week later to give you an idea of postage times from the DWP.

It is for an ongoing period to be reviewed after August the 31st 2031.

It doesn't actually say the phrase 'light touch' at the review point but I suppose as it must be a standard letter. As it's standard letter it must be just some terminology the DWP use in press releases etc.

Anyway, the funny thing is I don't feel elated or anything just 'normal' for now.

I might reseal the letter in the envelope, post it back through the letterbox, leave it for a while and then open it in the hope it surprises me and sends me elation.

Seriously, I can now try to relax and focus on sorting my pensions out a the end of this month.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, TheHud

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.