× Members

PIP I have some news.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264589 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic PIP I have some news.
After the rollercoaster you have been on 'normal' sounds quite therapeutic.

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264590 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic PIP I have some news.
Hi Catherine,

Yes I think you're right. It has hit me a bit this afternoon it feels good.
I won't be listening out for the postman for a while, now.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264601 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP I have some news.
Hi phrank

If you do reseal your letter, just to spice it up, put it in a brown envelope before posting it through your letter box.

Congratulation on your award, you deserved it. B)

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank, denby

More
2 years 6 months ago #264610 by phrank
Hi Gary,

Brilliant!

That might cure my dread of the brown envelopes (eventually).

I think that will be a self-pyscholigical learning curve and I'll need to post and re-post it loads and loads of times until I feel at ease about these buff coloured buggers landing on my doormat.

Ask me in a few months - or preferably years. If I eventually get used to brown envelopes, then I might be cured. But...... then I reckon I wiĺl most probabably have a morbid fear about white envelopes and there are more of those!

Arghhh! There is no escape.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264618 by Billis
Replied by Billis on topic PIP I have some news.
[quote="phrank
post=264562"]Hi all,

Just to let you know that my award letter has arrived today. It was sent out on 1/10/21 and arrived one week later to give you an idea of postage times from the DWP.

It is for an ongoing period to be reviewed after August the 31st 2031.

It doesn't actually say the phrase 'light touch' at the review point but I suppose as it must be a standard letter. As it's standard letter it must be just some terminology the DWP use in press releases etc.

Anyway, the funny thing is I don't feel elated or anything just 'normal' for now.

I might reseal the letter in the envelope, post it back through the letterbox, leave it for a while and then open it in the hope it surprises me and sends me elation.

Seriously, I can now try to relax and focus on sorting my pensions out a the end of this month.

Regards,

Phrank.[/quote]

I had a simlar response when I received my decision in 2019 stating that my award was for an 'ongoing period, on the next page it said they would contact me November 2029 to see if my needs had changed. I think after all the time and energy spent trying to get to the decision it didn't hit me until some time after when i realised that I wasn't still thinking about it all day everyday. Finally I could get on with my life without the constant fear and anxiety of all aspects of dealing with the claim. Hope you get the same feeling soon and you relax :) Best wishes
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank

More
2 years 6 months ago #264669 by phrank
Hi Billis,

Thanks for that. I suppose I am slowly getting used to it but it may take some time.

I'd not really thought about it in this way. I have had a dread of a brown or now a white envelope coming for years now. It's just how my life has been for ages.

I have to 're-learn' that - for the time being - I don't have to worry about it and, like you, get on with my life.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Billis

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.