× Members

New questionnaire

• noel
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago #112831 by noel
Replied by noel on topic New questionnaire
Todays update.
Telephoned Atos, told that I am going to have an assessment and I am in the queue for one.
I asked when would this be about and I was told there is a backlog !
I am rather glad really because I would prefer a doctor to see me and ask about my conditions/limitations, better to see me and understand than written evidence I think.
Will update when I receive the letter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• noel
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #113875 by noel
Another update.
I have heard nothing from Atos about a assessment.
Would I be right in thinking that it is still early days as yet to hear from them ?
Just thought I would let you know so other members get an idea of waiting times.
Thank you.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
10 years 7 months ago #113876 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic New questionnaire
Hi Noel,

It was 5 months after sending in my ESA50 that I finally heard anything from ATOS ('inviting' me to a face2face assessment) - and that was before the backlog got as bad as it is now!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: noel

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 7 months ago #113877 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic New questionnaire
The DWP are in chaos, what with backlogs of ESA and DLA/PIP, and now Decisions Makers have been advised to use 'Google' to look up medical conditions as reported in our News section.

Crazydiamond, a former DSS Adjudication Officer ( who retired as moderator for family & health reasons a few months ago) and I predicted that with so many changes to benefits, rushed in with no proper debate in Parliament would lead to a 'meltdown'

We weren't that wrong !

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: noel

• noel
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #114293 by noel
I have received an appointment for a F2F assessment for in a couple of weeks.
Previously (six years ago) I attended a Incapacity benefit medical, at that time it was at Lawnswood, Otley Road, Leeds.
This new assessment for a F2F is at quarry hill house, Quarry Hill, Leeds.
Has the assessment centre changed to a new address or is this place for something else, I would be grateful if anyone knows about this change of venue.
Thanks.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 6 months ago #114294 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New questionnaire

noel wrote: I have received an appointment for a F2F assessment for in a couple of weeks.
Previously (six years ago) I attended a Incapacity benefit medical, at that time it was at Lawnswood, Otley Road, Leeds.
This new assessment for a F2F is at quarry hill house, Quarry Hill, Leeds.
Has the assessment centre changed to a new address or is this place for something else, I would be grateful if anyone knows about this change of venue.
Thanks.

I do not believe that ATOS performed IB assessments so that is most likely the cause of the address change.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris