× Members

New questionnaire

• noel
  • Topic Author
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #109155 by noel
Replied by noel on topic New questionnaire
Hi I couldn't help phoning Atos again for an update. They told me that it is with the doctors awaiting a decision to see if I need to attend a F2F.
I explained to them that I was sorry for phoning but I couldn't help it owing to my chronic anxiety and worrying.
I was wondering to ask you if you know if there have been any changes to the way that Atos and DWP treat claimants like myself with mental health problems at all.
Thank you.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #109158 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New questionnaire

noel wrote: Hi I couldn't help phoning Atos again for an update. They told me that it is with the doctors awaiting a decision to see if I need to attend a F2F.
I explained to them that I was sorry for phoning but I couldn't help it owing to my chronic anxiety and worrying.
I was wondering to ask you if you know if there have been any changes to the way that Atos and DWP treat claimants like myself with mental health problems at all.
Thank you.

I am afraid that I am not aware of any specific changes to the system in regard to Mental Health, as I understand it, the High Court are still waiting for the DWP to report back with their suggestions as to how the process can be changed, I do not think there was a timescale for them to do this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: noel

• noel
  • Topic Author
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #110161 by noel
Update.
Hello, I have been in touch with Atos again for an update and they tell me they are getting in touch with my G.P.
Will this be an ESA113 that they are requesting and if it is, is it beneficial to my reassessment. As I thought that I read somewhere it is a good sign that they are doing this as they do not tend to get in tough with claimant's G.Ps.
Also I have a supportive Doctor, is it a good idea to see them again to discuss this form before they complete it.
Thank you very much.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #110163 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic New questionnaire

noel wrote: Update.
Hello, I have been in touch with Atos again for an update and they tell me they are getting in touch with my G.P.
Will this be an ESA113 that they are requesting and if it is, is it beneficial to my reassessment. As I thought that I read somewhere it is a good sign that they are doing this as they do not tend to get in tough with claimant's G.Ps.
Also I have a supportive Doctor, is it a good idea to see them again to discuss this form before they complete it.
Thank you very much.

Hi n,

Yes, it will be an : ESA 113 Questionnaire

If you look at this extract :

"2.2

ESA113

Background

Most information requests regarding Incapacity Benefit (IB) and Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) claims will be on the ESA113.

We ask you to complete this form if we think that the patient may have a severe health condition or disability but do not have enough information to be sure.

The forms should be returned within 5 working days from the date of receipt."

From page 6 of this document, : G.P.’s Completing Medical Reports for DWP , it does imply that they are seeking confirmation for an SG award. :

It would be worth discussing this with your G.P. before they fill it in, if they are willing to do do.

bro58

• noel
  • Topic Author
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #110171 by noel
Thanks Bro for quick reply :)
I telephoned my G.Ps today and they have not received the ESA 113 as yet.
I am glad as my G.P is on holiday whilst the 16th and I asked reception to make sure that no-one else completed it as my G.P knows me best. They said that if it was addressed to him then it would just go to him. As regards to it been completed in the five working days, what happens if it is not ?
Thanks again.

• bro58
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #110172 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic New questionnaire

noel wrote: Thanks Bro for quick reply :)
I telephoned my G.Ps today and they have not received the ESA 113 as yet.
I am glad as my G.P is on holiday whilst the 16th and I asked reception to make sure that no-one else completed it as my G.P knows me best. They said that if it was addressed to him then it would just go to him. As regards to it been completed in the five working days, what happens if it is not ?
Thanks again.

Hi n,

I can't really provide an answer regarding the "5 days", it may just be guidance.

We are aware that some member's G.P.'s have taken longer than the "5 days" to return the ESA113.

You would have to discuss this with your G.P. practice.

You could ask them to inform you when they receive the ESA113.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.