× Members

mandatory reassessment

More
7 years 11 months ago #160458 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic mandatory reassessment
Wendy

I agree with you that there are implications to his completing a new ESA50 that could have an impact on any future claim.

My recommendation is that you cannot leave this unresolved, either speak to your advisor and get them to chase it or speak to the DWP yourself, there is no reason for an ESA50 to be issued under the circumstances you describe including his previously being on SDA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160459 by Gordon

wendy2 wrote: I think your comment that they may not have record for him online may be true especially since he was never on ESA and was on an old benefit SDA so based on that sending off a new ESA50 but with the same info as original one sent few months ago may help jog their memory of him.All very odd but hopefully will work itself out.Thanks

Even if this was the case, an ESA50 is not the form required to deal with this, it would be an ESA1.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #160461 by wendy2
Replied by wendy2 on topic mandatory reassessment
OK thank you and even submitting the new ESA50 with exact same info as first one sent in about November would in your opinion be a bad idea - I think that is pretty much a redundant question but you become paranoid about details.I will not trouble you again tonight after this,your advice is sound as usual thank you.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160462 by Gordon

wendy2 wrote: OK thank you and even submitting the new ESA50 with exact same info as first one sent in about November would in your opinion be a bad idea - I think that is pretty much a redundant question but you become paranoid about details.I will not trouble you again tonight after this,your advice is sound as usual thank you.

Given that the last ESA50 resulted in a Fit for Work Decision I would say it was definitely not a good idea.

Gordon

More
7 years 11 months ago #160465 by wendy2
OK yes thanks

More
7 years 10 months ago #161115 by wendy2
An update to my last post regarding my son being asked to do another esa50 while he has a tribunal hearing on 5th July. Took your advice and spoke to advisor again stating our concerns.She spoke to DWP again and she said she used a telephone number given to her by a colleague that is not advertised and is for the old Incapacity Benefit and after a while on the telephone she told us she hoped problem had been resolved and indeed my son's benefit was in his bank within 24 hours. So I am still no clearer as to the cause of it all but at least he has his benefit now and hopefully no more problems before Tribunal date. Thanks again

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.