× Members

ESA 0points - what happens now?

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago #114843 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
If I do everything I can then I cannot do anymore - I too will not hold my breath but I am so angry at the way this government is treating the most vulnerable in society that I think it is the anger that is pushing me forward. Also, my foster daughter George who has just passed away she would never give up so am also thinking of her.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #114844 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Anger can be a very empowering emotion when channeled in the right way. However lots of people do give up in difficult times so it is to your credit that you have not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judith

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago #114870 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Well am back again and you will never guess what ..... have received 2 decision letters today :laugh: one is dated 10/12 and the other 11/12. I think the 10/12 was probably a response to my email complaint and the 11/12 was obviously from my phone call on Wednesday. That still means there are 4 more letters in the system and I am convinced that the problem is with the Tribunal Service not our postman.

The tribunal only gave me another 6 points which put my points up to 12 as 6 had been allowed on reconsideration. They have given me it on "regulation 29 of the ESA Regulations 2008 - Sufficient risk to her mental health and her impaired bowel control". They recommended that the Department does not reassess me within 2 years from todays date (20th November). :woohoo: :woohoo:

However by then I will have been receiving my state retirement pension for over 12 months.

I hope my legacy will be that other members have the stamina to read through my long thread and take encouragement - it has been a long winding road but successful at the end. I just wish that my benefit would not finish next April as I will then have 5 months without any state benefit and prior to my Incapacity in 1997 I had worked for 30 years :( . I know I am nowhere near as badly off as many others as my husband is still working - but he is 65 - but £220 fortnightly does affect ones income - the only good thing is that I know this will happen so we can plan for it.

Am reckoning they will be after me for my DLA next!!

Thanks everyone, Judith

More
10 years 6 months ago #114881 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Hurrah! I hope that you are finally able to put this behind you and spend some time with your loved ones. I suspect that the grief might hit you very hard now that you no longer have this to occupy your time (but I hope I am wrong). Have some cyberhugs - (((Judith)))

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judith

• bro58
10 years 6 months ago #114891 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
At last J !!!!! :cheer:

Well done for getting the documentation that you are entitled to by law.

bro58

More
10 years 6 months ago #114911 by an ex nurse
Replied by an ex nurse on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Well done Judith for sticking with it. I have kept an eye on your thread and am pleased you have closure at last. Hope you can find some peace over xmas. best wishes

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.