× Members

ESA 0points - what happens now?

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago #114965 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Sadly Mrs. H and an ex nurse, following the "closure" of my appeal and George's funeral my body has fallen apart and physically am not now in a good place but have seen my GP this afternoon for regular meds review and she says everything I am experiencing is "normal" so I just have to plod on :( . I think after seeing my GP I can allow myself to feel unwell in the hope that eventually I will come out the other side.

Thank you to everyone who has encouraged me along the way and I hope my thread might serve as an encouragement to to others if they have the time to read it all!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #114972 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Yes, I am not surprised that you have had a bad physical reaction to the past few weeks :( Remember 'This too must pass'.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judith

More
10 years 6 months ago #115023 by an ex nurse
Replied by an ex nurse on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Hi Judith, so sorry to hear you are feeling unwell. As Mrs HB said not surprising at all . Alot of my nursing career was spent in the field of bereavement support and grief often has very physical as well as emotional manifestations. Coupled with the sustained stress you have been under fighting for the help that was rightfully yours you must be at a very low ebb. I hope you will now have time to take care of yourself and relax a little. Accept all the help and support you are offered and allow yourself time to grieve and recover. Sending you positive thoughts for christmas and a peaceful and healthier new year. Very best wishes
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Judith

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #118692 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Hello Mods, Unfortunately here I am again - I think the DWP have a personal vendetta against me !!

Following my successful appeal last November I have spent the past 3 months feeling very unwell which has included my Diabetes being very bad :( and now to top it all I have today received a letter asking me to attend an interview on 26th March. My ESA finishes on 11th April and I will be 62 in June and get my State Pension in September - why would they want to help me get work, retrain, - no-one has done anything for me during my 17 years of Incapacity when it would have been much easier for me to get a job and who would want to employ a 62 year old very rusty medical secretary and I am just so out of touch with technology ........... the mind boggles.

Anyway, I am unable to use public transport and the office they are asking me to attend is a bus into town and back out again and my husband is still working and has taken time off to take me to most important appointments but I do not consider this to be an important appointment. The points I scored for my ESA were "because I could not attend anywhere I am unfamiliar with on my own" and the issues with my unstable IBS.

Anyway Mods, what is your advice please? I do not wish to attend - interestingly just the letter has put me right down again and I had only just started to climb up again following the previous stressful 12 months :evil:

As my money stops in April anyway what else could they do to me??

Many thanks, Judith :)
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 months ago #118694 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Judith

I am afraid that your participation in this interview is required, a failure to do so could result in your benefit being sanctioned, however, it may be possible to arrange for this to be done over the phone, you need to contact the advisor who you will be seeing, their name should be on the letter, explain your problems with going out and how close you are to retirement.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #118747 by Pipp
Replied by Pipp on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
As Judith has had a deterioration in her health since she was placed in WRAG, could she not ask for a reassessment? Could she now qualify for SG?
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.