× Members

PIP MR waiting period

More
8 years 1 month ago #153929 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR waiting period
Hi

Just curious!

In the case of PIP renewal. Is the renewal done through a PIP2 as with original process of claim?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153946 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: Hi

Just curious!

In the case of PIP renewal. Is the renewal done through a PIP2 as with original process of claim?

Yes they are, renewals need to be treated as a new claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #153952 by Johnny
I see!

So, if one has received an award till 2018, they might have a renewal by 2017 and have to fill out a PIP2 a year before their award runs out?

Which means the award period is actually1 year rather than the 2 years if awarded at appeal.

If that's the case, it's bonkers!

More
8 years 1 month ago #153968 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: I see!

So, if one has received an award till 2018, they might have a renewal by 2017 and have to fill out a PIP2 a year before their award runs out?

Which means the award period is actually1 year rather than the 2 years if awarded at appeal.

If that's the case, it's bonkers!

Not going to disagree!!!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #154942 by Johnny
Hi guys

Just a quickie regarding my PIP appeal. I sent a few letters, (one challenging the PA3.) to appeals recently, the drafts of which were written and signed by my a friend as I have difficulties drafting them myself.

I received a letter from Tribunal Clerk who stated she cannot action the letters as part of my appeal unless I write back giving my written consent to use them. The Clerk enclosed an envelope in which I can send my written consent to appeals.

Can you put my mind to rest that in giving my consent to use that letters all is likely to proceed as normal and my sending back my consent will resolve the matter.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #154954 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: Hi guys

Just a quickie regarding my PIP appeal. I sent a few letters, (one challenging the PA3.) to appeals recently, the drafts of which were written and signed by my a friend as I have difficulties drafting them myself.

I received a letter from Tribunal Clerk who stated she cannot action the letters as part of my appeal unless I write back giving my written consent to use them. The Clerk enclosed an envelope in which I can send my written consent to appeals.

Can you put my mind to rest that in giving my consent to use that letters all is likely to proceed as normal and my sending back my consent will resolve the matter.

Hi J,

Yes, all should be fine when you provide your written consent !

Whenever someone else drafts or writes something on your behalf, you should always sign and date it yourself at the bottom stating that you have given your consent to them to write the document on your behalf.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.