× Members

PIP MR waiting period

More
8 years 2 months ago #151655 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: Thanks

That's clear enough. Just had a thought. Even though I sent appeal form, can DWP halt appeal process and order a face to face?

They have made their Decision, why would they now order another assessment?

Can the Tribunal require the DWP to hold an assessment, in principle but I'm not sure I have ever heard of it happening, they are far more likely to request a copy of your medical records from your GP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151657 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR waiting period
I see.

When you say 'another', you seem to suggest I had a face to face, which I didn't. Just though I'd mention that...sorry if I'm seem to be round in circles with this one. Happy days :blink:

More
8 years 2 months ago #151663 by Gordon

Johnny wrote: I see.

When you say 'another', you seem to suggest I had a face to face, which I didn't. Just though I'd mention that...sorry if I'm seem to be round in circles with this one. Happy days :blink:

You didn't have a face to face assessment but that does not mean that you did not have an assessment, you did! It was done on the information you supplied in and with your PIP2.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151666 by Johnny
Point taken!

More
8 years 2 months ago #151739 by Johnny
Gordon

In the event of being able to claim Severe Disability Benefit, is it backdated from the date on which PIP award starts?

More
8 years 2 months ago #151750 by Gordon

Johnny wrote: Gordon

In the event of being able to claim Severe Disability Benefit, is it backdated from the date on which PIP award starts?

I assume you mean the Severe Disability Premium :)

Providing you receive a PIP Daily Living award AND the ESA you currently receive is Income Related, either in full or as a top-up to a Contribution Based ESA claim AND you live alone or are considered to live alone AND no one makes a claim Carers Allowance for you.

Then you can make a claim for SDP from the date the PIP is awarded from.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.