× Members

PIP MR waiting period

More
8 years 2 months ago #151535 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR waiting period
Ah! So, best wait for appeal notice then. I will send all to them instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151563 by Johnny
Based on the evidence I supplied DWP and being denied a face to face, I have been in touch with solicitors and taken up a Civil Advice Discrimination Query with the possibility of them taking action against DWP. I am considering informing DWP and Appeals office of this as I'm not bluffing.

Although I have not yet started the action is here a possibility the appeal will stall if I mention my
Civil Advice Discrimination Query to DWP and Appeals?

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151595 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: Based on the evidence I supplied DWP and being denied a face to face, I have been in touch with solicitors and taken up a Civil Advice Discrimination Query with the possibility of them taking action against DWP. I am considering informing DWP and Appeals office of this as I'm not bluffing.

Although I have not yet started the action is here a possibility the appeal will stall if I mention my
Civil Advice Discrimination Query to DWP and Appeals?

Any claim for discrimination would be separate from your appeal, there's nothing stopping you mentioning it as part of your papers, but I would be very surprised if they have any interest, their role is to determine whether you meet the criteria for an award or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151623 by Johnny
Cheers Gordon

Everyone I've had correspondence with, those who have experience of the PIP journey, have all expressed dismay that given the medical evidence I didn't have a face to face.

I'm fully aware it happens, but even if I had little evidence to go on, It seems obvious a face to face is relevant. I'm not playing a guessing game as to what has gone on, but It seems that I have been simply been unlucky in having my claim end up with a DM who is hell bent on ignoring my situation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151626 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: Cheers Gordon

Everyone I've had correspondence with, those who have experience of the PIP journey, have all expressed dismay that given the medical evidence I didn't have a face to face.

I'm fully aware it happens, but even if I had little evidence to go on, It seems obvious a face to face is relevant. I'm not playing a guessing game as to what has gone on, but It seems that I have been simply been unlucky in having my claim end up with a DM who is hell bent on ignoring my situation.

Your not having an assessment is undoubtedly important and certainly has the potential to diminish the DWP's position, however in itself, it in no way means that you are entitled to award, that is why we always advise members that their starting position for an MR or appeal is to show that they meet the criteria and then show why the assessment report is wrong.

Paper based assessments tend to fall into two camps, an award is justified as the claimant has shown that they clearly meet the criteria or no award should be made because they have failed to show that they meet the criteria.

In the case of the latter this does not mean that they don't deserve an award, it could simply be that they have done a really bad job of explaining their problems, they have misunderstood the criteria or failed to show that they meet all of the elements for a particular Descriptor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151629 by Johnny
Thanks

That's clear enough. Just had a thought. Even though I sent appeal form, can DWP halt appeal process and order a face to face?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.