× Members

PIP MR waiting period

More
7 years 11 months ago #158162 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR waiting period
No, I haven't had the paperwork yet.

However, I was curious about whether there is a difference between, lets say, a recommendation of a review in 2 years as opposed to an actual award of 2 years.

Can please explain?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158179 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP MR waiting period
The way things stand at the moment, DWP are initiating reviews 1 year before the end of the award. Therefore, a 2 year award will be reviewed in 1 year! :angry:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #158180 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: No, I haven't had the paperwork yet.

However, I was curious about whether there is a difference between, lets say, a recommendation of a review in 2 years as opposed to an actual award of 2 years.

Can please explain?

To be honest, for PIP, they are both meaningless as the legislation allows the DWP to reassess a claimant at any time and for any reason.

You'll have to see the paperwork to know what the panel actually meant, as it will impact on the award period, but it will either be a two year award from the date that the Decision that you appealed was made, or two years from the date of the hearing.

In either case, I would expect you to be reassessed one year in advance of that date, there is DWP guidance that should prevent reassessment for at least eight months after a Tribunal Decision but we have seen this regularly ignored by the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.