× Members

PIP MR waiting period

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153315 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP MR waiting period
Hi J,

"Lies!! I didn't have a consultation. Lies!!"

It is not at all uncommon to see errant statements such as this in a Medical Report as these reports are "copy and pasted" together from pre-designated phrases from a drop-down menu as part of The PIPAT software programme used to compile the PIP Medical Report.

We also see this a lot with ESA Medical Reports, where they state such things as Med 3's or ESA113's being referred to when one does not exist.

Similar to The PIPAT software drop-down menus for PIP, ESA uses LiMA software programme drop-downs.

You can still challenge this and any other discrepancies by submitting further information to The Tribunal Service. (TS)

You can submit further evidence to The TS safely up until around 7-10 days before the hearing date.

There is a guide entitled "Best possible ways to challenge a PIP medical report Updated16 November 2015" on : This Page

What you need to consider is, unless they have your identity mixed up with another, and even though the statement may be errant, how much baring will it have on The Tribunal deciding that the adverse PIP decision was errant ?

It does help to discredit the accuracy of the PIP Medical Report though !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #153360 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR waiting period
I called Atos for an explanation and they explained that there is a box in each PA3 page that has to be ticked to indicate a consultation had taken place. In my PA3 the box wasn't ticked, so their off the hook.

However, I did challenge the HP PA report and guess what I spotted?

The HP was simply a NURSE, not even qualified, as her name was a Ms so and so. What a joke.

And to make things worse, having given me 7 points for living she made a statement at the end of the report, I quote, 'The claimant has a mental, intellectual or cognitive impairment and may need additional support with future processes.'

Christ!!! Talk about contradiction.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153382 by bro58

Johnny wrote: I called Atos for an explanation and they explained that there is a box in each PA3 page that has to be ticked to indicate a consultation had taken place. In my PA3 the box wasn't ticked, so their off the hook.

However, I did challenge the HP PA report and guess what I spotted?

The HP was simply a NURSE, not even qualified, as her name was a Ms so and so. What a joke.

And to make things worse, having given me 7 points for living she made a statement at the end of the report, I quote, 'The claimant has a mental, intellectual or cognitive impairment and may need additional support with future processes.'

Christ!!! Talk about contradiction.

Hi J,

You could still raise the issue with The TS !!

For what it's worth, you could also raise the fact that you feel that the nurse was not properly qualified to make an assessment on someone who suffers from your particular conditions, that being the case of course.

PIP Assessors (HP's) come from various backgrounds, e.g. Nurses, Midwives, Paramedics, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists (OT) and Doctors.

Once they receive extra training from the Assessment Provider (AP) they are classed as being qualified to carry out PIP Assessments, in that they are approved by the Secretary of State as "Disability Analysts".

As we have reiterated to you many times the important issue is to show the Tribunal that the award you were given was wrong, and how and why you should have been given a greater award.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #153401 by Johnny
That's exactly what I did. I raised the question quite firmly in a lengthy letter to TS reharding the nurse.

I firstly pointed to a statement in which she, the nurse, seemed to suggest my medication was of a moderate nature and therefore I questioned how she can make such a judgement if she's not medically qualified.

In challenging her report throughout I kept bringing up the fact that she was simply a nurse and had no qualifications to second guess my condition.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #153407 by bro58

Johnny wrote: That's exactly what I did. I raised the question quite firmly in a lengthy letter to TS reharding the nurse.

I firstly pointed to a statement in which she, the nurse, seemed to suggest my medication was of a moderate nature and therefore I questioned how she can make such a judgement if she's not medically qualified.

In challenging her report throughout I kept bringing up the fact that she was simply a nurse and had no qualifications to second guess my condition.

Hi J,

"As we have reiterated to you many times the important issue is to show the Tribunal that the award you were given was wrong, and how and why you should have been given a greater award."

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #153427 by Johnny
Yes, I did. I went through the descriptors I felt were wrongly assessed by HP. I had already sent a detailed letter at MR stage which went through the descriptors and referred AP to that as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.