× Members

PIP MR waiting period

More
8 years 2 months ago #152121 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR waiting period
Having sent off my appeal submission last week, I received a letter today from HM Courts.
It explains my appeal have ben received by SSCS Birmingham.

I realise this is the first stage of a long process, but can anyone please explain what will happen next and if all submission papers I sent to HMCTS Bradford will now be processed by SSCS admin in Birmingham?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152135 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: Having sent off my appeal submission last week, I received a letter today from HM Courts.
It explains my appeal have ben received by SSCS Birmingham.

I realise this is the first stage of a long process, but can anyone please explain what will happen next and if all submission papers I sent to HMCTS Bradford will now be processed by SSCS admin in Birmingham?

Your appeal will now be sent to the DWP for them to compile and submit their case, this will include a couple of covering letters, one explaining the relevant legislation and the other an overview of their case and all of the document used in the making of the Decision. Your PIP2 and anything attached, the assessment report and any other documents that were submitted or sourced.

The DWP have one month to produce this and send it to the Tribunal Service although it usually takes a lot less time, you will receive a full copy of this.

You will then have the opportunity to prepare and submit your case, you nominally have one month to do this but in reality you can continue to submit evidence up until about 10 days before the hearing.

Hearing wait times can be variable depending on where you are but I would expect you to wait 2-3 months for a hearing to be booked.

The panel will look at all of the papers, usually the day before the hearing, they will not make a Decision any earlier.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152139 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP MR waiting period
Hi J,

Bradford deal with all initial appeal requests in England !

It would then be sent to the Area Administrative Centre that covers your area.

As you can see below, Birmingham is The Administrative Centre for the Midlands and South East of England :

Tribunal Venue Finder

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152142 by Johnny
Sorry, Gordon, can you confirm:

When I sent my Appeal Submission to HMCTS Bradford last week I attached a cover letter and some new evidence with submission, evidence I also sent DWP last week.

Will HMCTS Bradford pass all this info, together with my submission to SSCS admin in Birmingham, who in turn send it to DWP?

Or should I send the new evidence again to SSCS admin in Birmingham (in case HMCTS Bradford just filed it away.)

More
8 years 2 months ago #152148 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: Sorry, Gordon, can you confirm:

When I sent my Appeal Submission to HMCTS Bradford last week I attached a cover letter and some new evidence with submission, evidence I also sent DWP last week.

Will HMCTS Bradford pass all this info, together with my submission to SSCS admin in Birmingham, who in turn send it to DWP?

Or should I send the new evidence again to SSCS admin in Birmingham (in case HMCTS Bradford just filed it away.)

Can I repeat what I posted several days ago, you should not be in direct contact with the DWP about any matter relating to your appeal. If there are any discrepancies and that could be one single piece of paper, between what you have, the panel have and what has been sent to the DWP, then there is every likelihood that the hearing will be adjourned to another date.

If you have sent the information to the TS as an attachment to your SSCS1 then they should forward it to the DWP. You will know if this has happened or not because the TS will send you a copy to.

So the process is; you send it to the TS, they send a copy to the DWP and another to you and put a copy in the file for the panel.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #152170 by Johnny
Ok Gordon!

In terms of calling Appeal Support Centre in Birmingham with an enquiry, can I have someone call for me as long as I'm present?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.