× Members

PIP MR waiting period

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147867 by Johnny
PIP MR waiting period was created by Johnny
When I was recently turned down for PIP I was informed that my DLA payments would stop on 12th Jan, which was yesterday. Of course, I requested an MR.
I noticed a payment in my account yesterday 12th for DLA which was less than my normal monthly payment and paid a week earlier than normal. Would I be correct in saying that they stopped my payments while the MR is proceeding and calculated my last payment as being less than normal. Should I call and ask why? Or is this normal?
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147899 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP MR waiting period
Hi Johnny,

Your DLA ended 1 month after the PIP decision and you do not have a PIP award. It is likely that this payment is in respect of a few odd days of DLA. You will not get any PIP during the MR or appeal process until/unless an award is made.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #147904 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR waiting period
Yes, that's what I suspected.

It's been over 3 weeks since they received my MR letter and, although I did phone them to chase it up, I've not had a phone call from them in response to my letter. I thought in the case of them being unable to change the decision in my favour they might at least have called me, which I understand tends to happen. So, I guess no news may be good news.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147928 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR waiting period
Just following up on my previous Topic.

Having sent off my MR letter some weeks ago, is it standard practice for a decision maker to call the claimant, or does the decision maker have the option of just sending out a letter responding to the MR?

More
8 years 3 months ago #147934 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: Yes, that's what I suspected.

It's been over 3 weeks since they received my MR letter and, although I did phone them to chase it up, I've not had a phone call from them in response to my letter. I thought in the case of them being unable to change the decision in my favour they might at least have called me, which I understand tends to happen. So, I guess no news may be good news.

Don't rely on a phone call, they did this a lot when the benefit was first introduced, now it is quite rare.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #147938 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP MR waiting period
I have merged your topics to avoid duplication. Please try to keep everything together in one thread, it saves us answering the same question several times! :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.