× Members

PIP MR waiting period

More
8 years 3 months ago #148676 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR waiting period
In relation to what I've said, although I had asked for an MR well within the 4 week dead line, I am worried that any additional evidence I sent today send will not be considered after the 4 week period, even though no decision has been made.

Any reason why they won't accept additional evidence after 4 weeks while the MR is being processed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148681 by Johnny
Just skipping ahead of my last post. It seems to suggest on guides that decision maker has the power to extend an MR by even 12 months.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148693 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period
Johnny

Unfortunately there was no need to enact new legislation when Mandatory Reconsiderations as Reconsiderations were already done as a matter of course as part of the appeal process, as a consequence the change is an operational one and there are few, if any guidelines that a claimant can make use of to manage the process from their perspective.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148703 by Johnny
In relation to PIP call centre, the lady I spoke with made a note on the system pleading my case to the decision maker to have to late evidence I submitted included in the MR.

Does the Decision Maker pick up on these notes that are added on to the system, through email or otherwise?
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148706 by
Replied by on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: In relation to PIP call centre, the lady I spoke with made a note on the system pleading my case to the decision maker to have to late evidence I submitted included in the MR.

Does the Decision Maker pick up on these notes that are added on to the system, through email or otherwise?

Hi J,

The PIP DM may see the note, and they may well take the late evidence into account in your MR.

I don't wish to "rain on your parade" but The MR process was brought in operationally in an effort to reduce the number of Appeals.

In reality, it is little more than a sham at this time and the main intention is to put obstacles in the way of the claimant appealing to The Tribunal Service. (TS)

There was really no need to bring in MR's as previously one automatically received a reconsideration of an adverse decision when one submitted an appeal to The DWP.

If the "reconsideration" was unsuccessful, the claimant's appeal would be sent forward automatically to The TS without the claimant having to appeal as a separate action.

Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

This is why there is currently no "rhyme nor reason" with The MR process.

We have seen a very small percentage of members who were successful at MR, but you have to go through the MR process before you can move on to appeal to The TS.

Although the success rate for PIP MR's is pretty poor, the success rate once one goes on to appeal is vastly improved :

See : This News Article

So if your MR does not result is a positive decision, it is well worth going on to appeal

The quality of many PIP DM's is diabolical, many have been bumped up from basic admin positions with little training.

So, there is the way that the MR process is supposed to progress, and in many cases the way that it does progress, which is totally different.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

More
8 years 3 months ago #148708 by Johnny
Many thanks.

As you mentioned, I have the means and now have the evidence if I need to proceed further in arguing my case.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.