× Members

PIP MR waiting period

More
8 years 2 months ago #151151 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR waiting period
Many thanks

I have decided to submit a detailed letter with SSCS1 challenging the PIP descriptors in which I have lost points and send off all medical evidence again. I have also contacted as advocate centre in my area which sometimes deals with cases of PIP and ask them to attend the appeal with me.

Roughly how long before I expect DWP to set an appeal date?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #151154 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: Many thanks

I have decided to submit a detailed letter with SSCS1 challenging the PIP descriptors in which I have lost points and send off all medical evidence again. I have also contacted as advocate centre in my area which sometimes deals with cases of PIP and ask them to attend the appeal with me.

Hi J,

The DWP do not set "an appeal date" once you submit your appeal directly to The Tribunal Service (TS) after you have received your failed MR Decision Notice from DWP, The TS will set the date for your hearing.

The TS will generally acknowledge your appeal submission within 28 days, and the actual hearing could be within a further 4-8 weeks of them accepting your appeal.

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #151178 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: Many thanks

You might want to hold off with sending the medical evidence again, once your appeal is accepted by the TS the DWP will be notified and they will create their submission for the appeal, this will include all of the documents used in the making of the Decision and will (should) include all of the medical evidence that you have submitted, so there will be no reason for you to send it in again.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151200 by Johnny
Thanks Gordon

Do you think they will read the submission letter I sent with the appeal form, which outlines my reason for appealing?

More
8 years 2 months ago #151206 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: Thanks Gordon

Do you think they will read the submission letter I sent with the appeal form, which outlines my reason for appealing?

With regard the Tribunal Service, they will have looked at the form to make sure that it meets the requirements for requesting an appeal, this is an admin function, assuming that it does then the appeal will be accepted. The Tribunal panel will not look at any of the evidence until at best a couple of days before the hearing and often, not until the night before.

The DWP should look at any evidence that you submit to the TS when they receive a copy, but the reality is that they often do not do so until the week before the hearing, they can revise the Decision before the hearing, but this happens rarely.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151208 by Johnny
I see.

Well, it's clear to me that that details in the MR refusal letter DWP sent were simply copied and pasted from the letter they sent when they originally turned me down...its exactly the same. Same points, same descriptor reasoning, no different. I'm convinced they didn't even consider the additional info I sent.

What a bunch of crooks. They make Al Capone look like Mother Teresa.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.