× Members

PIP MR waiting period

More
8 years 3 months ago #149893 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR waiting period
Well, Just felt like sharing my frustration. Called DWP again today about progress about my MR and after 6 weeks waiting still no decision.

However, I did send an additional supporting letter about a week ago after they agreed to wait for it. Would I be right in assuming that sending additional evidence can slow down an MR decision by a number of weeks?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago #149899 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: Well, Just felt like sharing my frustration. Called DWP again today about progress about my MR and after 6 weeks waiting still no decision.

However, I did send an additional supporting letter about a week ago after they agreed to wait for it. Would I be right in assuming that sending additional evidence can slow down an MR decision by a number of weeks?

Hi J,

I have again merged your topics for continuity !

Please keep all related posts to the one topic, as requested : Here

Yes, it may well slow down the MR process, if they have fresh evidence to take into account !

bro58

More
8 years 3 months ago #149996 by Johnny
Thanks bro58

Can you please advise on the following:

Prior to my current ongoing MR, DWP decision on my PIP claim was made without an assessment.
Now that my MR is underway, is it possible that DWP will send my MR info on to Atos (with the possibility of a face to face at MR stage.) before a new Decision Maker writes to me with decision?

More
8 years 3 months ago #150021 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: Thanks bro58

Can you please advise on the following:

Prior to my current ongoing MR, DWP decision on my PIP claim was made without an assessment.
Now that my MR is underway, is it possible that DWP will send my MR info on to Atos (with the possibility of a face to face at MR stage.) before a new Decision Maker writes to me with decision?

Having made a Decision there is no requirement for the DWP to seek further information for an MR, the only exception to this would be if the ESA85A assessment report was found to be unfit for purpose, but even then a new assessment might not be ordered, we have only had a handful of members (if that) report that a new assessment has been needed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #150046 by Johnny
Hi Gordon

No doubt, you are correct in terms of ESA, and apologies if I'm missing your point, but I was referring to PIP and the fact that no face to face was done prior to being turned down for PIP. In my MR letter I pointed out to DWP I had a paper based review and not had the opportunity to a face to face, therefore, I was curious if the process used by DWP at MR stage would be to send the MR additional evidence back to Atos, which in turn would lead to the face to face which was denied in initial PIP claim. I gather that MR involves having a new DM to 'reassess' the info and as a result may 'again' pass it onto Atos to 'reassess'.

More
8 years 3 months ago #150050 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: Hi Gordon

No doubt, you are correct in terms of ESA, and apologies if I'm missing your point, but I was referring to PIP and the fact that no face to face was done prior to being turned down for PIP. In my MR letter I pointed out to DWP I had a paper based review and not had the opportunity to a face to face, therefore, I was curious if the process used by DWP at MR stage would be to send the MR additional evidence back to Atos, which in turn would lead to the face to face which was denied in initial PIP claim. I gather that MR involves having a new DM to 'reassess' the info and as a result may 'again' pass it onto Atos to 'reassess'.

Sorry! I'd previously answered a question on ESA :blush:

However, the situation is no different for PIP, the Decision making and MR processes are the same for both benefits.

Unless there is significant doubt over the content of the assessment report the DWP have no reason to request a new one, their view will always be that the report has been produced to an acceptable standard by a qualified disability analyst, until shown otherwise. As I said this only happens very rarely.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.