× Members

PIP MR waiting period

More
8 years 2 months ago #150555 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: It seems DWP are moving the goalposts again.

It's 8 weeks since I requested a PIP MR in writing. Initially I was told more than once that expected wait was at least 8 weeks, but recently I've been told by DWP that MR waiting period is now at least 10 weeks.

Next time I call DWP I'm expecting them to tell me MR waiting time is now 12 weeks. Whatever suits them I suppose.

Unfortunately there is no required time for an MR to be completed within and as such there is no opportunity for legal action!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151121 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR waiting period
Hi

I have received an letter which states my MR has been refused. I am disgusted and dismayed that they refused to move beyond my award of 7 points for daily living.

Can you please advise how I should approach an appeal?
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151131 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP MR waiting period
Hi Jonny,

I have merged your query with your other asking about the MR process, I hope you find it helpful to have things in the same place (it makes our life easier too!).

Please try not to take the failure of your MR to heart, it is rare that this does anything other than 'rubberstamp' the original decision :(

As you say, your next step is to appeal, you have one month in which to do so. This process is covered in some detail in our PIP guide, I suggest you have a good look at that and then reply to this message with your specific queries.

I'm afraid I don't remember whether you have a copy of the assessment report? If not, now would be a good time to request it!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151143 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR waiting period
It has 'Decision Makers Reasoning', included in decision letter. Is there another report I should ask for? I didn't have a face to face.

In relation to Appeal Form. Can I send an additional detailed submission of my own with appeal form which challenges the areas I lost out on and resend all medical diagnosis when sending back appeal form?

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #151145 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: It has 'Decision Makers Reasoning', included in decision letter. Is there another report I should ask for? I didn't have a face to face.

In relation to Appeal Form. Can I send an additional detailed submission of my own with appeal form which challenges the areas I lost out on and resend all medical diagnosis when sending back appeal form?

Hi J,

Yes, The PA4 Medical Report !

You may find : This Post helpful !

bro58

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #151147 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP MR waiting period
Johnny,

I have again merged all your PIP Related queries into this PIP Topic !

Can you PLEASE post any of your future PIP related queries to this topic !

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.