× Members

PIP MR waiting period

More
8 years 2 months ago #151245 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR waiting period
Regarding my need to appeal PIP refusal.

I have pined a firm letter onto SSCS1 Form from my carer which highlights the fact that despite quite a lot of evidence regarding my condition and my requesting a home face to face on PIP2 '...I was offered no face to face whatsoever...and on day of tribunal will expect an explanation from DWP as to why none was offered...' Letter goes on. '...what is the point of denying someone a face to face and then having them travel to FACE A TRIBUNAL...'

I pined this letter to Form because there is a slim chance that it will be picked up by those involved in the tribunal and they might also question DWP prior to tribunal why no face to face was forthcoming.

If DWP want to try it on, I'm ready.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151347 by Johnny
Hi Gordon

I'm not convinced a different DM looked at my claim second time round. Even at initial claim stage I cannot get my head round them not doing a face to face my having sent:

1. A detailed statement from a qualified and experienced Occupational Therapist who outlined John’s diagnosis and daily difficulties.

2. A detailed statement from a qualified and experienced psychiatrist.

3. A detailed statement from a qualified and experienced psychologist who diagnosed Asperger’s Syndrome.

4. A copy of an assessment in relation to John’s ‘Care Plan’, which includes mention of his anxiety etc.

5. A letter from John’s GP in relation to his condition.

Surely, the very mention of Asperger's alone would call for a face to face. It's staggering!

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151395 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period
Johhny

You may well be correct, but the MR stage has now finished and you need to concentrate on presenting the best case you can for your appeal, the Tribunal panel will have little interest in how well or badly the DWP reviewed your claim, their only interest is in whether you meet the criteria for an award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151415 by Johnny
There's no Disability Rights office near me and I don't think CA would be help at this stage as I've already had promise from a local service of an advocate to help if I need to attend appeal.

I think I'll have to wait and see if they'll take it to tribunal because it's having a terrible effect on my health right now and I would put it to the back of my mind if I wasn't for my feeling so angry with the casual way they view my condition and the way I have been treated.

I WILL NEVER VOTE CON AGAIN!!

More
8 years 2 months ago #151435 by Johnny
Gordon

On reading the Guides on MR it states that the DM usually phones the claimant if a change in the decision cannot be made. My query here is:

Is it the rule that DM has to make that phone call or not?

....either way, I may have an issue with this because I explained to DWP numerous times that the house number I use is not functioning and had placed my mobile number on the PIP1. If the DM tried calling my out of action landline rather than my mobile he wouldn't have got through. There is no mention on the MR report of a call been made...which takes me back to the query above ....Is it the rule that DM has to make that phone call?

More
8 years 2 months ago #151452 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: Gordon

On reading the Guides on MR it states that the DM usually phones the claimant if a change in the decision cannot be made. My query here is:

Is it the rule that DM has to make that phone call or not?

....either way, I may have an issue with this because I explained to DWP numerous times that the house number I use is not functioning and had placed my mobile number on the PIP1. If the DM tried calling my out of action landline rather than my mobile he wouldn't have got through. There is no mention on the MR report of a call been made...which takes me back to the query above ....Is it the rule that DM has to make that phone call?

There's no legal requirement for the DM to contact the claimant during the MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.